View Single Post
Old 06-06-2016, 02:23 AM   #5
Lile
Lile is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Lile is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Lile is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Lile is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Lile is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Lile is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Lile is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Lile is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Lile is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Lile is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Lile is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1, yotaphone 2, Dasung Paperlike
I also had the freezing/automatically restart problem from time to time, but not so frequent. Mine is a used one from the March, 2016 sale and it is the second version. My hope is that Dasung can keep updating their driver to improve the device's stability. Solving the problem hardware-wise may be too challenging to Dasung currently.

ps1. You can try to contact Dasung for the latest driver. Sometimes they do not update it on their website. Recently I contact their support technician for a new driver, which allows me to use A5 mode under resolution 1600*1200. It is a huge improvement in user experience compared to the A2 mode.
ps2. I think the second version of the monitor may have remedied some hardware problems in the first version. In China, they gave the first version buyers some vouchers to buy their future products. You may ask for the vouchers when negotiating return or refund with them.
Lile is offline   Reply With Quote