View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 11:07 AM   #25
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
To me, "incredible" books are those that I can recall years after having last read them. For example, I consider the historical fiction by Shayne Parkinson that begins with Sentence of Marriage (free and available at Smashwords among other places) to be incredible because more than 2 years after having read it, not only can I recall the story in detail but my wife, myself, and several friends still talk about the book. Same is true of Harper Lee's To Kill a Mockingbird, which I last read in the 1960s.

My initial recommendation for the incredible ebook read remains Shayne Parkinson's quintet of historical fiction. To those I would add the mysteries of Vicki Tyley. Also excellent and approaching incredible but not quite there are the science fiction/fantasy stories of Michael Hicks and Tracy Falbe.

Another outstanding series of books are David Weber's Honor Harrington series. These waver between incredible and nearly so. As with most series, some volumes are better than others, but many are in the incredible category. Many of the books are available for free from the Fifth Emperium on the Mission of Honor CD.

(BTW, I do not interpret incredible to mean of great literary value or likely to be literary classics 50 years from now. I equate incredible with incredible read.)

Last edited by rhadin; 06-23-2012 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Forgot to include Honor Harrington
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote