View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 04:37 PM   #40
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasyfan View Post
Yes, it certainly was a great read! Dickens will always give value for the time and effort spent on his novels. Whatever its flaws, I really enjoyed Bleak House. A wonderful humanity does come through.
you know what, I did not enjoy it very much while reading it, but I've noticed that it has stayed with me quite a bit - these rather "flat" characters after all put together form quite a picture. And the discussion here has greatly improved my "post-read musings", so a bing thank you to all of you!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote