View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 08:34 AM   #29
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
To reiterate, my point is that we can't have a poll for every issue that comes down the pike. it's inefficient and contentious and then the phrase, "tyranny of the majority" comes to mind. "What the group wants as a whole" almost certainly will narrow the appeal of the book club to the barest possible majority.
- Quoted from Book Club Administration: New years reading categories.

I guess Issybird was right. Not only does it seem like we are headed for the continued 2 months of classics, we also have The MobileRead Literary Book Club which offers classics year round.

Which is kind of funny seeing as so many were convinced we were goint to have a fantasy and science fiction overload.

There are 4 days of voting left. Classics will still have a home here (in either May or December), I just hope that we can broaden the appeal of the club a little more by adding one new category to the list.

Last edited by Nyssa; 07-26-2011 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Having trouble with the link tags... FIXED
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote