View Single Post
Old 07-15-2017, 01:58 PM   #3
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
Yeah, the connection to the battery itself has 8 pins, but the connection from the kindle only has 5.

I think that chip I can't identify sites between the kindle and the battery. the 5 pin connector is what I think may be USB, and the SDA, SCL etc are used by that chip to identify a valid battery.

My guess is that either the kindle, or the cover, shows up as a usb gadget on the other one, and charges that way; But it totally could pass some of those lines over instead, the TH, SCL, SDA would give the right number of pins.

Unfortunately, unless someone is able to get a serial connection of some sort on the oasis and confirm with log files while it is connected, I'm not sure that wil be possible.

Actually, does the ;dm command dump kernel messages?

If so we could ask someone to connect the cover, disconnect it, and then run ;dm, and show us the files. See if there is anything in there about how it is connecting.
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote