View Single Post
Old 06-22-2016, 08:27 PM   #9
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Answers: Part 1 of 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by excaliber View Post
@DaltonST:
[1] I don't get what is really happening at step 2 and 3.
[2] How can I update several books automatically?
[3] The books must be first imported into calibre?
[4] I thought calibre would import all books and their metadata after reading the csv file.
[1] Have you read the ToolTips by hovering your mouse over each object in the ZMI window? They explain everything. Also, have you analyzed the zmi_overview.jpg attachment to the Original Post? It also explains everything simultaneously.

[2] You can update 10,000+ books simultaneously and automatically. You just have to select a CSV file that has all 10,000+ Zotero book metadata, and select all of their corresponding 10,000+ Calibre books. If you select "all Calibre books", only those with a corresponding entry in the Zotero CSV file will (or can) can be updated. If you read the various ToolTips, you will see that changing the Calibre Author or Calibre Title prior to finalizing the automatic Zotero metadata update process has negative consequences because of the profound changes in the Calibre ebook paths.

[3] Yes. Only Calibre imports books into Calibre.

[4] No. Never will happen. Use Calibre to import books into Calibre, regardless of their origin.

The ToolTips for each button and grey area in the ZMI dialog box explain how ZMI works.

DaltonST

Last edited by DaltonST; 06-22-2016 at 08:34 PM.
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote