View Single Post
Old 10-04-2015, 11:18 AM   #64
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Apologies to Hofferic for jumping in here.

@hardcover: You can do this with Calibre Companion in two different ways.

The first: transfer empty books to CC as described in this thread. From time to time you would connect CC to calibre as a wireless device and transfer any new books. Connecting automatically updates the metadata stored by CC.

The second: put your calibre library on an SD card and use CC's "local library" connection feature. You could even go so far as to copy only calibre's metadata.db file, but in that case you would not see any covers because they are not in the database. You don't care that the books themselves are not there. I can imagine writing a script that copies only the metadata.db file, the directory tree, and the cover.jpg files.

If you want to discuss this further please post on the CC forum. I don't want to hijack this thread any more than I already have.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote