View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 08:03 PM   #28
AnotherCat
AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by dillsandwitch View Post
so for a complete noob when it comes to the sql thingy.

how do i run that query?

is it just copy the text from the post into the sql program and then update...
Yes that is it. In case instructions needed and assuming using SQLiteSpy on a PC -

- With USB cable connection to the T1 open books.db on the card (File>Open Database...)
- Copy the SQL query from Tuttle's post and paste it into the top right hand pane
- Execute the query (Execute>Execute SQL)

That is it done, all "Removing" lines should be removed from collections on the T1.

First time around save the query somewhere on your PC for future use (File>Save SQL As...) and next time just open it again (File>Open SQL...) and it will load into the top right pane again ready to be Executed.

After running the query, as best as I have seen all the books that have been loaded will remain on the T1 and will also be in their correct collections. So the records removed from books.db seem to be redundant and only serve to confuse the T1.

EDIT: I see in the bug reporting from Kolenka's since appeared post it is looking hopeful a fix for implementation in Calibre is close .

Last edited by AnotherCat; 06-03-2012 at 09:07 PM.
AnotherCat is offline   Reply With Quote