View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 09:06 PM   #25
AnotherCat
AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
If I remember correctly what Kolenka (the calibre/PRST1 guru) said, the problem begins when you first use the SD card. The book ids in the books.db file on the SD card are supposed to be large numbers (10-digit) beginning with 4 and the internal memory book ids are low numbers starting at 0 (or 1???). The problem arises when books on the SD card are erroneously assigned a low number by the T1 and it then gets very confused.

If you can delete all the books on the SD card which have been assigned 'wrong' ids leaving at least one book with a 'correct' id then you should have no further problems as long as you don't delete the SD card books.db file...
Hi Jackie - I was aware of Kolenka's post in the Calibre forum and you do remember the comment on ids correctly as they are on the memory and the card. But I don't think the getting to the 'correct" id solves the problem, well not for me anyway.

I have not tried to get to the bottom of the issue but for me the couple of times I have looked all the books are numbered correctly in both memories but some collections end up with books in them with correct book ids, correct collection_id, but with some non complying numbers in the content_id field which don't match a real book id.

Running the SQL query repairs that, of course, but my experience is that even if one does so or else sets up the card so that all ids on card and memory comply by deleting the books.db on both or reformating both to get a fresh start with complying ids, future adds of books to the card again results in corruption and the "Removing..." lines reappearing.

For myself, if I I tire of manually running the SQL query or no better fix appears I may just semi-automate the query with a batch file run from the desktop.
AnotherCat is offline   Reply With Quote