View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 09:39 PM   #19
Moongrave
Moongrave began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuttle View Post
When it happened to me, it was an issue in the books.db file on the storage card. (I don't store books on the internal memory.)

There's a table in the database called collections which stores the list of books in each collection. It turned out that for each book that was meant to be in the collection, there were two entries -- one had the correct ID for the book on the storage card (e.g. 4294967364), and the other was 2^32 less (e.g. 68). Deleting those incorrect entries (using SQLiteSpy or sqlite3 or similar) cleared up the collections.

I *think* the query I used to clean it up was:
Code:
DELETE FROM collections WHERE content_id NOT IN (select _id FROM books);
But it's not happening at the moment so I can't test. Next time I trip over it I'll take better notes. The idea is there though -- if a book doesn't exist, it shouldn't be in any collections.

I'm not sure whether the source of the problem is a Calibre bug or just Calibre tickling a bug in the T1; it hasn't bothered me enough to investigate more.
Downloaded SQLiteSpy, went through a bit of trial and error (I know absolutely nothing about SQL & Co), found out how to run the query mentioned above and ended up with clean collections where before I had about 20+ lines of "removing" per collection.

Yes, it is not a perfect solution but a fix that doesn't take too much time or effort.

Moongrave is offline   Reply With Quote