View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011, 04:43 PM   #85
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
@marc,

How you find the phone so far? the Siri did not work to me. And I actually found the screen kind of small for browsing , honestly. I ended buying a Galaxy SII instead.
Well, I'm coming from a 3GS, so the 4S seems just about exactly the right size to me. But, actually, the crispness of the screen actually makes the fonts seem smaller, and yet easier to read. It's an odd sensation, not unlikeable (well, the screen's crispness compared to the 3Gs is one of its selling points, I guess ).

I think, if I hadn't gone all Apple-everything, I would find the Galaxy just a tad too big for my liking, though perhaps that's a hypothesis too far (after all, I thought the 3Gs was too big compared to my Nokia 6300). It's interesting to me that people are finding the Galaxy is hitting their "just right" zone. Thinking back to my previous work life, I suspect I might prefer it too. I now definitely feel like playing with one, just to see. How's it working out for you?

Quote:
iCloud works on my iPad 2 but still can't configure it on my MacAir. It keeps saying my router needs to open some ports. The funny thing is that the iPad is being using the cloud backup for days. I'm not gonna open ports on my home router, no way!
Wish I could help you with this. Maybe/hopefully some network folks will be along with some advice. Anyone?

Quote:
Another factor that I considered against iPhone 4S is the available carriers :-(. ... Apple will sell an unlocked version but because the differences in technology won't take full 4G speed on Tmobile, as far as I know and confirmed with Apple guy. As a matter of fact, he was really clear saying that if carrier is going to be Tmobile, I was going to be on my own: zero support.

I don't like ATT and Sprint is a bit more expensive than what I got now from Tmobile.
The network thing over there seems to be a far bigger decider than over here. Not that we don't vary in quality between providers (for instance, Optus obtain their network coverage maps from the first few pages of your average wizards-and-dragons book, Telstra obtain their prices from the accessories guide of the latest Christophorus, and Virgin Mobile obtain their staff from behind the drink sheds of the high school playground), but it seems to be a bigger determinant of hardware purchase there. Is that right? Also, all(?) our plans are data-capped, whereas yours seem to mostly be unlimited.

Quote:
And you guys are right. Apple is selling iPhones 4a like hot cakes , is insane!
Are you calling me crazy?!(*) That's slander! And neither me nor Adrian, my invisible gibbon friend, will stand for it. MODERATORS!

Cheers,
Marc (oh, wait, that's me )

(* To be perfectly honest, this was the first time I did the whole obsessive thing over the release of a product, constantly refreshing my screen when the Apple store went down so that I'd be one of the first to preorder and thus get the phone when it came back up. I felt silly, but am now compensated by the usual warm sense of self-satisfaction )
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote