View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 06:21 PM   #83
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonetools View Post
Soo.............. Has anyone tried the new 4S yet? Is Siri all that?

I'm with Sprint, and I have four months till my contract is up. I'm looking at reviews now. the iPhone has some great competition in the form of the Samsung Galaxy S and the HTC Evo.
From what I hear, people are already complaining of slow data speeds on Sprint.
I got mine (white 64GB) yesterday. I've mostly just been setting it up, but will probably abuse and confuse Siri today. As an enthusiastic amateur photographer with too many cameras, I'm looking forward to trying out the new camera too, see how it looks compared to my "hipstamatic" 3GS.

FWIW, iCloud is something I've really looked forward to. It has more potential in our iPhones and iPads and iMacs household than I realised, so now we're sharing a calendar and contacts across all "devices"...I was mostly looking forward just to the Photo Stream.

I did find, on the 3GS, that there were some odd performance hits. It wasn't slow so much as it occasionally seemed to have short pauses when asked to do something, like open an app. I don't use Safari all that much on the iPhone, but on the iPad I have had the occasional crash too. Not often, but not something I'd not experienced previously.

Also, I can now type "hell" without it auto-correcting it. I just wish whatever the hell they did to fix that, they'd also done it to it's autocorrecting of "it's" as it's very irritating.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote