View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 03:03 PM   #80
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonetools View Post
Soo.............. Has anyone tried the new 4S yet? Is Siri all that?

I'm with Sprint, and I have four months till my contract is up. I'm looking at reviews now. the iPhone has some great competition in the form of the Samsung Galaxy S and the HTC Evo.
From what I hear, people are already complaining of slow data speeds on Sprint.
I'm on AT&T, and upgraded from the 3GS.
1) I actually can get a signal now at home, so they definitely improved the antenna from the 3GS. My wife never had grip of death issues with her 4, but the 4S gets even better reception so far, at least in our first check. The 3GS got zero signal here.

2) I never really had major speed issues with the 3GS, even with 2 days of iOS5. But the 4S is really, really quick.

3) My wife has had a 4, so I had seen the Retina display. But like most things, you can't really appreciate features until you actually use them for a while. The screen is just really, really sharp. Can't go back to the 3GS now, and even the iPad 2 looks a bit pixelly now in comparison. And it isn't just resolution-the images look like they are on the *outside* of the glass, not beneath the glass. It's hard to explain

4) As GlennD noted, Siri is fun, and definitely works better than I would have thought possible, at least within the limits it works in. It makes a huge difference if you have a lot of data already in your contacts list, at least when talking to it about family members and friends. And Apple's servers have been pretty flaky over the weekend, so sometimes it just can't find anything.

I'm still not sure if I'll get in the habit of talking to my phone-I rarely use it as a phone anyways, so am out of practice But from what I have tried, it definitely does it well.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote