View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 02:46 PM   #79
GlennD
Wizard
GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS350, iPhone, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonetools View Post
Not a fanboy either, but according to Reuters, significant numbers of people are upgrading to iPhone 4S from other platforms. It would be intersting to know why.

Siri may be the big reason.
I'm not a fanboy either, but I felt like one when I showed up at our AT&T store an hour before it opened. In my defense I was ready to do a driveby and not bother if the line looked too long. As it was I was probably the 25th person or so. The line didn't get a whole lot longer than that - nothing like the around the building lines I was worried about.

I don't know about other people, but my wife and I were both using the iPhone 3G. When our contracts expired in March, we decided to hold off for whatever upgrade was coming, so we'd have new devices for our new two year contract. by the time the phone was released, our old iphones were so slow (it was a major mistake to upgrade them to iOS 4) that we wanted to make sure to get upgraded before the shipping times got too long.

Several other people in line mentioned that they had waited with expired contracts as well - at least part of the sales are people that normally would have upgraded earlier this year.

Siri is amusing and I can see some real potential for it, but thus far the servers have been up and down so much that I don't see depending on it. It's the kind of thing that you have to be in the habit of using for it to really be a productivity improvement. Siri alone is no reason to upgrade, IMO.
GlennD is offline   Reply With Quote