View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 02:00 PM   #77
stonetools
Wizard
stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, IPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
Well,

I visited a Mall today and played with two phones: Samsung Galaxy SII and iPhone. I honestly can say that I would not buy the Apple one. I am quite happy with my iPad and the new iOS5, but the new iPhone did not impressed me at all.

Good resolution, portable, but besides that, not much for that price.

The Galaxy SII was really fast, nice and big screen but not too big! Similar battery life (based on I was told by both sales representatives) and it was very fast browsing Internet (remember, same Mall, same coverage area, different providers of course)

I don't want to make this thread a cellphone war or something like that, but do not understand the whole iPhone fever.

Disclaimer: I own two iPads, not a fanboy of any systems though! I just love technology.
Not a fanboy either, but according to Reuters, significant numbers of people are upgrading to iPhone 4S from other platforms. It would be intersting to know why.

Siri may be the big reason.

Quote:
Away from the notoriously fickle consumer-gadget marketplace, Apple also appears to be making strides.

Apple appears to be a winner when workers get to pick their own phones, in a trend known as the consumerization of IT. Companies can save money when they let employees buy their own phones and pay their own monthly bills.

An Aite Group poll of 402 wealth managers conducted before the outage found that 45 percent would choose an iPhone or iPad, compared with 14 percent for a BlackBerry.

"Siri is pretty amazing. With Android, you have to memorize commands. I don't understand why it can't be on all (Apple) phones," said James Thompson, who had braved the six-hour drive from Los Angeles to San Francisco just to get in line -- overnight -- with his brother.
LINK
stonetools is offline   Reply With Quote