View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 04:15 AM   #22
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
No of course not hon. My library books however are DRM protected and use ADE they are in EPUB and the older ones in PDF.

I prefer FB2 format it's just a nice clean format I've come to use with the PP but libraries here use DRM.

It would be wonderful if a non painted V5 every came out. I would buy it without question and on the line with v6+ reader if it ever came back and the price drops.

Of course with Color E-ink coming out I may just hold off and keep using my peeling PP and my soon to be here Kindle 3 before buying another.
Unfortunately I don't know of any ereader that support FB2 (the Jetbook Mini apparently only supports txt and fb2 but not sure how well, and that is a LCD screen like the JB Lite). There is the Pocketbook 360 but that has according to the matrix the old Apollo display controller.

I find people mentioning colour to be rather interesting. Would you like a 6" colour ereader? I think colour e-ink would be good on 9.7" screens, but for smaller readers used just for normal fictional books I think the current black screens are fine.

I tell you though, there is a market for 5" readers. I have had my Kindle for a month or so and I think it is great, but I think I am at a point where having the 5" is also a must - I find it so portable to throw into my pocket and take it with me. Take the PP out of the market and realistically there is very little to choose from, the Sony PRS-350 is really it IMHO.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote