View Single Post
Old 01-05-2018, 08:31 PM   #76
ekbell
Guru
ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
I will third. If my mom which is 99 cents doesn't win, I'd love a freebie! I haven't read Brown in years, and Chesterton was a miserable mysoginist, but I do enjoy a vintage mystery.l
Having read a fair amount of his stuff I wouldn't say he disliked women or held them in contempt. He was, however, a Victorian believer in woman's place being in the home shielded from as much nastiness as possible. (sexist, yes; misogynist, no; miserable, as little as humanly possible)
ekbell is offline   Reply With Quote