View Single Post
Old 03-20-2024, 12:47 PM   #1
Brynnan
Brynnan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10th gen
Mounting Kindle on PC, Calibre in Docker

I've done a lot of searching, but can't find anything that states that I'm not doing something right, but obviously, I'm missing something.

I have calibre running on Docker on my Synology DSM7 NAS. Everything is current versions. It works, I can add books, read, pretty much everything server-related. The first time I installed it, I did it the way I have successfully installed other Dockers and it worked. When I couldn't get it to attach to my Kindle, I cleaned it out, and reinstalled it using Marius' instructions. Still not connecting.

I access calibre via IP/port on Google Chrome, it spins up the KasmVNC, and I can access everything.

When I plug in my Kindle Paperwhite 10 gen into my PC (after buying a data cable), the Kindle does not show up in calibre. It mounts on my PC as a USB drive as it should, so the operating system is recognizing it.

I'm assuming that the VNC inside the browser cannot see my local drives. But I haven't found any special instructions saying I need to do something to make that happen. I also haven't found any indications that it's not possible.

I'm not familiar with KasmVNC and it was a while before I found a workaround for the clipboard, so there may be something I need to do to make this work, or am I mistaken that this should work?

The connection troubleshooter just says No Kindle found.

Last edited by Brynnan; 03-20-2024 at 12:50 PM. Reason: turned off smilies
Brynnan is offline   Reply With Quote