View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 01:24 AM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanneLaska View Post
Any chance either he or I can do something about it? Does that sound like a feature of Kobo, or something I can tell my ePub not to do? I'm really at a loss.
He (the owner of Kobo) can do something about it. He can have his programmers update the firmware such that it is using the latest version of ADE that does not have the page number on the right side of the screen.

While he's getting his programmers to do that, can you also get him to get his programmers to fix the embedded font bug where it ignores the font-family CSS directive to use a specific embedded font if the font-family is placed in the body style. See the code box for an example.

Code:
body {
font-family: Charis;
widows: 0;
orphans: 0
}
The font-family above is supposed to use the font labeled Charis (elsewhere in the CSS would be the font definition). But All Kobo Readers ignore this and it breaks a lot of embedded fonts in a lot of ePub as most publishers put the font-family for the main embedded font in the body style.

Last edited by JSWolf; 01-13-2013 at 05:31 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote