View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 10:39 PM   #13
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre)
eGeezer: Yes, you bring up a good point. It's my habit to review a product in its "out of the box" condition, since that's the experience most people will encounter. I really wish people would plug, update, tweak, etc upon receipt, but alas, the majority don't. So I try to write my reviews in a way that will give an honest assessment of the product from an "out of box" experience. Hence why I didn't bother to update the firmware before reviewing it.

Another rule of thumb is this. Just because you run a tech site doesn't mean your readership is a bunch of geeks who know their way around the web. (typically I've discovered that most of your readers are total newbies, hence why they're turning to you for advice and reviews) If everyone was a geek and did the right things, sites like mine wouldn't be needed. ^_^;;
Steven Lake is offline   Reply With Quote