View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 08:27 PM   #9
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Yes, 512MB is not 512MB writeable

Quote:
Originally Posted by eGeezer View Post
Whew. Thanks for the clarification. I sort of suspected something along that line, but really expected the chip to just show up as 512mb showing 128 used.

All this talk about it being 512mb, I thot someone was actually SEEING 512mb available.

I can go back to reading my 500+ books, now. thanks.
Yes, even a simple SD card has to have something in it to tell the controller what to do and for ID purposes and such. Many devices are password protected too... so a card needs to "tell" its reader what it is and what password it may have and other info.

All of this does take up room on the card.

Regarding internal memory on a device, there is a lot more. It is hogged up by the internal workings of the device and formats and other such things. All of that eats up memory. So, you will find that 512MB of internal memory is not all "writeable".
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote