View Single Post
Old 04-19-2017, 11:43 AM   #46
haydnfan
Guru
haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 4, Oasis 2
I think that the problem is one of curation. Amazon is bad at proper curation. I see too much dreck if I go to just browse the Kindle site. On the other hand if I look at Kobo they are careful to show off trad pub bestsellers and critically well received literature.

Many of you seem to not care about discovery through browsing. I care. Many of my favorite novels and authors come from browsing through bookstores. We should be entitled to that kind of discovery with online stores. I don't care if there are mountains of poorly written self published works *as long as I don't have to see them.*

In the realm of games, Steam is working to a new UI which will hide garbage so that you can still seek it out but it's not rammed down your throat. That is what Amazon should strive for. I don't think self published works should be killed, I just think that they should not be promoted the way that they currently are.
haydnfan is offline   Reply With Quote