Thread: MobileRead February 2013 Book Club Vote
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 03:25 AM   #88
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It's because of open voting. People see that the other choices win't win so the vote for one of the possible winners. In a hidden vote, this is not possible so people vote for what they want since they cannot se how the vote is going or who voted for what.
I was thinking perhaps that might be it. But with multiple choice voting, what's the point? You can still vote for what you really want to read regardless of any strategic voting decisions.

If you think Outlander might not be able to win and you'd prefer Stardust over A Town Like Alice, why not vote for Outlander and Stardust but omit A Town Like Alice?

Although I really love Stardust, I definitely didn't want it to win, so I definitely didn't vote for it. But everything else that interested me in any way for Feb got a vote.

Maybe not everyone understands the multiple choice voting as it's fairly new?
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote