View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010, 11:49 AM   #5
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
The Kindle would not support something like answering quizzes interactively. A Kindle book is just a book, with hyperlinks supported, but nothing to support filling in forms, examining responses, etc. That could be done on a Kindle only via the web browser, which is slow, and primitive.

If you like that sort of thing, software on a pc would be far better. Maybe a netbook, laptop, or something else portable, if that is important.

I do like the Pimsleur audio (CD, SD card, etc.) classes for getting a basic working vocabulary, but I don't like that there is no reading involved. I like to combine CDs or tapes with other workbooks, grammars, etc. A good book on how to learn languages is "How to Learn a Foreign Language", by Graham Fuller. Full of good advice.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote