View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 02:51 AM   #35
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
To others in the group: I like a general "reading challenge" subforum idea, but how would we keep our group organised if that happened? Just the two threads idea? Or should everyone post their own threads, even though that will bury any threads not related to our group since there seems to be so many of us?
I'm not part of the group, but I'd say have 1 sticky thread which lists in the first post everyone who's participating and links to either their individual threads (if that's the way it goes) or to their particular "index" post which they'll create in the sticky to keep a list of their total reads.

Then depending on whether it's decided to go with individual reading/discussion threads or a joint one (which should also be stickied), have the secondary discussion happen there and not in the 1st sticky, which would be purely for organization.

People could post in the secondary thread(s) with what they just read and discuss it amongst themselves. People could add to their personal sorting post in the 1st sticky thread a link to their "announcement" of the new title they're on.

That way people who are following are kept up to date on new stuff, but anyone looking for a particular older title can look it up from the index and just click the link to read more.

Oh, and there should be another, non-100 sticky where people could post announcements of other challenges and links to those threads.

YMMV of course, but that's how I'd do it.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote