View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 12:44 PM   #10
The Old Man
Fanatic
The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPad Pro, Fire 8", iPhone, PaperWhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I'm afraid that it's your responsibility to ascertain whether or not what you have is in the public domain. It would be a lot clearer if you had used the original HTML sources, rather than extracting them from the "e-Sword Bible program" that you mention. All I can really suggest is that you contact the authors of this program, and ask them whether they have any objections to your redistribution of material from their program.
Thanks for the reply. I guess I didn't make myself clear. The file from the e-Sword program is not part of that program and the author of e-Sword has no interest in that file, it simply works under his program as do many other Bible translations, commentaries, dictionaries and other historical writings. This would be similar to someone writing their own recipe for calibre and using it within that program. Kovid has no interest in the recipe other than someone may send it to him and he may choose to use it or not.

I can find no copyright notice on the web page with the book, no copyright notice in the hard-cover book and no copyright notice listed in the e-Sword file. I suspect someone just converted the web page to the e-Sword file.

In any case I will think about it, search a bit more for info on that 1902 work and PERHAPS upload it with the conditions on copyright mentioned in my upload post. From what I have seen so far it is in public domain but this small publisher grabbed the work and produced the hard cover that I bought. Similar to folks printing the KJV Bible. Unless they add their own commentary or something special it is not under copyright. I suspect Tyndale and Cloverleaf do not object
The Old Man is offline   Reply With Quote