View Single Post
Old 10-02-2016, 12:54 PM   #54
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psymon View Post
Clearly you misunderstand what I've been doing here. I've been making corrections to the original, non-electronic 16th/17th century texts (which are full of errors). This has been, indeed, a "new" and "original" effort on my part, one that most publishers haven't done, they just transcribe those errors verbatim instead.
No number of corrections to a manuscript to produce an electronic text confer a valid copyright either.

Believe me, everyone commenting in this thread understands what you claim to have done, and has some appreciation the time, effort and knowledge that would be required to perform that task.

But no amount of 'sweat of the brow' generates a valid copyright. Only creativity.

You do, of course, have copyright in your introduction, it being your own creative work.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote