View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 01:28 PM   #380
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
I look forward to trying it Just don't make it too good. It must be a teeny bit worse for me than the version of DejaVu Serif I modified myself, or I'll have to find another font or modify Charis SIL myself out of pure pride

By the way, in case somebody is interested in it, I've "researched" (yeah, sounds expensive, doesn't it? ) the efficiency of screen usage of the four fonts I've selected to be best readable for me. Caecilia, DejaVu Serif, Verdana, and Palatino. (DejaVu and Verdana are my versions, posted earlier.) This is the result:

Code:
Settings: Size 4, Line Spacing 1, Margin Widest.
I've used these settings for over one year, with Caecilia.
Therefore, Caecilia is selected as the default, at 100%.

Font		Chars x Lines	Total	%	+/-

Caecila		45 x 29		1305	100	+0.0
DejaVu Serif	46 x 31		1426	109.3	+9.3
Verdana		45 x 31		1395	106.9	+6.9
Palatino	50 x 25		1250	95.8	-4.2

Difference between least effective and most effective:

Palatino vs. DejaVu Serif

1250 / 1426 * 100 = 87.7%

Palatino loses out with 12.3% less text on screen compared to DejaVu Serif.
Palatino fits more characters on one line as any of the other tested fonts,
but it's extremely wide spaced, while DejaVu Serif and Verdana are very tight.
There you have it. Want as much text per page as possible? Then DejaVu Serif is quite a good choice Not everybody will like that sort of a "wall of text" though

Last edited by Katsunami; 02-01-2013 at 01:36 PM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote