View Single Post
Old 07-04-2010, 09:17 AM   #21
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
I never change the library explicitly. I change configuration directories and use the library associated with that configuration.
Interesting. I was always changing them (library and config) as a pair. I either used both environment variables (CALIBRE_LIBRARY_DIRECTORY and CALIBRE_CONFIG_DIRECTORY) or one config environment variable (CALIBRE_CONFIG_DIRECTORY) and one command line option (--with-library). It didn't occur to me that changing only the config directory would also change the default library associated with it.

Quote:
FWIW: There is no problem having many configurations for one library, but there should be only one library for a configuration.
It's odd that we have ended up with two easy (GUI) ways to change the library associated with a config (Prefs and Wizard), but no easy way to change the config, when we really shouldn't use multiple libraries for a single config.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote