View Single Post
Old 06-08-2014, 08:20 PM   #836
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I just finished Oscar Wilde: Art and Morality edited by Stewart Mason, a Librivox.org recording. It's been my experience that Librivox recordings, being by necessity read by volunteers, are of a hit and miss quality. These recordings, read by Martin Geeson, are definitely in the "hit" category. I thoroughly enjoyed his style of presentation. This book consists largely of the criticism of The Picture of Dorian Gray by newspaper critics and Wilde's response to them, as well as selections from his trial. The whole back and forth banter would have been enjoyable were it not for my knowledge of the terrible price Wilde eventually paid for his talent and wit in a world that wasn't ready for him.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote