View Single Post
Old 05-04-2014, 07:02 AM   #52
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Melvin View Post
Second, a question; I recently purchased a Kobo Aura 6" model# N514 firmware#3.2.0.

--Will this patch work with the Aura 6" model? It seems like it will as long as the firmware is right but I wanted to check before go off and brick my device.
Generally speaking, this is correct. However, it already happenend once or twice that Kobo did changes to the firmware without changing the version number. So it can happen that the version on your device is actually different from the version you use for patching. This can (but does not necessary) have bad effects. I am not aware that 3.2.0 has be changed at any time. To be on the save side you could re-install it, before patching. But then, why not upgrading to 3.3.0? And the worst thing that can happen with applying a wrong patch is that you have to factory reset the device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Melvin View Post
My main reason for using this is to be able to adjust the margins on the screen. It is pretty awful when I pull up a PDF and there is half an inch of unused space at the bottom of the page.
I have already edited the said PDF to have virtually 0 margins in the file but there remains a ton of space when the aura is displaying it.
I don't use the patches myself and I try to avoid reading pdfs with nickel, so I don't know for sure, but I think the margins patch does not effect pdfs.

Last edited by tshering; 05-04-2014 at 07:06 AM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote