View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 05:58 AM   #206
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi, Oasis
Question In trouble ?

Gave it a try to figure out why getting "read status" via annotations no longer worked for some books.
During testing, disabling new firewall, etc etc, book I loaded from Calibre to K3 Sunday were no longer listed as being on the Device. Listing books on my K3 in Calibre, the books were there, but no longer listed as being in the Library.
I have no idea what's going on here. Rebooted pc, K3 over & over.
Ran check on both libraries with no errors found.
Also I have no idea what the best way to fix this would be.
600+ books on the K3, would rather not lose annotations, but will give it a try and send a backup to the K3 tomorrow ?
Bummer ! Being working so good until now.
Edit: Waiting until tomorrow. Won't make it worse than it already is.
Edit 2: Chose to send "problem" books from Calibre to K3 instead. Seemed safest to me.
I just forgot about indexing on the K3, so will have to split the task in several steps.
Still don't know what caused the issue, though.

Last edited by pchrist7; 02-17-2011 at 04:39 AM. Reason: Changed my mind
pchrist7 is offline   Reply With Quote