View Single Post
Old 04-17-2015, 03:02 PM   #904
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Fitz View Post
You can print from wired printers with your chromebook if you're prepared to put it in developer mode, which really isn't a big deal. Install ubuntu through crouton and you can print with CUPS. I have got to the point where I don't even enter the desktop environment of ubuntu: you can print with a couple of commands within chrome os. If you don't want to use ubuntu, you could just install it as command line only, which is much less space and print from the command line.

I'd be happy to include some more info if anyone wants it.
Sounds good. What do we lose in developer mode?
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote