View Single Post
Old 09-14-2017, 08:30 PM   #4
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Yes, all of this is possible.

In terms of side by side viewing, note that both apps need to support Split View. Among PDF apps, at least Adobe Reader and GoodReader do, and no doubt several others. ePub reading apps with Split Screen support include iBooks, Marvin, Overdrive, Google Play Books ( sort of, you have to upload to your Google books Library first). Kobo, nook, Kindle apps do not support it.

There are apps that let you create and edit ePub files, ocr images or scanned PDFs.

And iOS 11, soon to be available, will greatly improve ability to work with files and enhance Split view functionality.

I would consider the 12.9" iPad Pro - it would give you more room to work with.
Thanks! So there are apps that support straight text files for editing? Any of those support split screen?

And can image editing apps save files in formats I can use back in Photoshop on the computer if necessary?

Is it hard to get stuff back and forth between computer and iPad? It's easy on Android, just plug in, drag n' drop or copy/paste. Because I'd still be using the computer for some work, just would like the option to be mobile and able to do bits and not be tied to the computer all the time. I gotta justify this somehow..... 😂

Are there any problems with renaming files, images or screenshots on iPad or copying and making a duplicate file? I like to do my edits, then name the file with chapter and page where I left off.

Renaming screenshots is very important, I take lots, need meaningful names on them in order to search and find what I need when I need it.

I don't think I can afford the large 12" option, plus I think it would be a bit heavy and cumbersome. I like the idea of the 10.5", because it is lighter than my Pixel C. Which is hard enough to carry about, it barely fits my bag, don't want to go larger!

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote