View Single Post
Old 09-26-2018, 01:32 PM   #13
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomx2 View Post
Thanks,
I'm going to use Bookari (with epub) as it seems for me to be the best option with all it's features. I'm going to look into some of your suggestions as well. All i really want is for one or two lines of text to be inserted into the epub file (comments), that's all....so they will be part of the epub file and travel with the book (to make it easy when i have to move to a new device). Thanks again for your time with this, i'll do some more research and post back should i find a solution...or have more questions!

-t
the modify epub plug in which I use with calibre - has options to add, remove "jacket". that is quite an old plug in - newer ones like "polish" should have similar features, I can tick one of these 3, or none: remove all jackets, remove legacy jackets or add/replace jacket
I think " jacket" is whatever is found in the summary box in the right hand pane, under the cover picture
so anything you write into that box can be added to the book, as part of the book
and that revised probably also updates within calibre companion whn you re-send the book, if you use that on the device., that just leaves the info shown by the reader apps on their " shelves" displays as not updated, but if you can live with that...
but do check all the above with a "jacket" expert, its not a feature I use , personally
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote