View Single Post
Old 09-26-2018, 12:04 PM   #9
tomx2
Connoisseur
tomx2 began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Note
Thanks for your help and suggestions. Stumped, your statement is the first i've ever heard (or been able to search out) that the reader(s) does not refresh, thanks for the clarification, although it's bad news for me unfortunately. Finally, i have the reason why things aren't working as anticipated!

It all seems backwards though, as least in my case. As for getting things correct before loading books, i do, however the book, of course, needs to be loaded to annotate and you need to read the book to know it's contents before you can apply notes about it's contents (i.e. personal review, etc). In other words, where i'm having an issue is that after i have read a book (and annotated, underlined, highlighted, etc) i like to add a few notes at the bottom of the comments about my thoughts on the book. Kind of a reminder for future refrence of what i liked or disliked about the book, etc, etc. Difficult to do, of course, prior to loading the book for reading. So i guess it's a catch 22, i can get metadata right and annotate but not add any notes or i can get metadata right add notes, but not have any annotation. A disappointment for sure.

Another thought, i wonder if there is a way to pass the annotation(s) on? In other words, save the annotations in a file of some sort, delete book, add my notes, re-send to device and then reapply the annotations? A lot of extra work for something that a simple refresh would cure.

Last edited by tomx2; 09-26-2018 at 12:58 PM.
tomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote