View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 01:35 PM   #31
vastav
vastav began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grauheim View Post
...I tried it on a fairly typical computer science paper in two-column ACM format. I've attached the pdf and the resulting ePub so you can look for yourselves....
Grauheim, I stumbled upon this thread from last year and got intrigued by your PDF. I ran it through my conversion software available at pdf2epub.com. I am attaching two resulting ePubs for your review -

1. HR GI 2009 - Camera Ready.epub : This was produced with your original PDF, with just one change that I made to delete the entire tags in PDF which look wrong. The ePub appears to come out mostly fine with some issues with formula images getting scattered.

2. HR GI 2009 - Camera Ready_mod.epub : This was produced after I spent couple of minutes on the PDF to tag the problematic formulas as images before creating the ePub. Details on how to fix the tagging issues like this is available on my website under help.

Our primary solution comes as an Acrobat plugin but we also have a web based solution available at http://www.pdf2epub.com. I'd be interested in hearing your feedback and help resolve any issues that you may find.
Attached Files
File Type: epub HR GI 2009 - Camera Ready.epub (315.5 KB, 298 views)
File Type: epub HR GI 2009 - Camera Ready_mod.epub (278.0 KB, 280 views)
File Type: pdf HR GI 2009 - Camera Ready.pdf (520.2 KB, 363 views)

Last edited by vastav; 08-12-2010 at 02:46 PM.
vastav is offline   Reply With Quote