View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 08:46 PM   #22
Anabana
Zealot
Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Fire 7" & 10"; 11"(?)-12" Lenovo laptop
The abacus was in constant use in the Chinatown banks when I visited San Francisco for the first time in 1954. The teller's fingers were an absolute blur and probably out-paced modern technology for computation, but their receipts had to be hand-written, of course.

I was fascinated and practically had to be dragged from the building!

My first home computer (1996) was cobbled together by a nephew and ran Windows 95 - no internet for another 2 years.... Dial-up -- oh my!
Anabana is offline   Reply With Quote