View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 07:57 PM   #7
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarel View Post
2) I get a 3G signal everywhere I go- there's never been a time or location where I haven't been able to pick up a 3g signal... I never understand how people say they get a Wifi signal everywhere, unless they have open-minded neighbors or hang out at libraries or McDonalds all the time...
Or Starbucks or B&N...

I have a Sony 950, and it has a browser and 3G. I also have a K3 and specifically opted for the Wi-fi versus 3G because I hardly ever need 3G access. When I am away from home, more than likely Wi-fi is available at the hotel or airport. There is usually a McDonalds or Starbucks nearby when you need to stop on the road. The Sony 950 and K3 both have wikipedia integrated into word look-up/searches.

3G is available in most big cities. Coverage is much more extensive in the Eastern US than in the West. It's hard to say what your options would be if you are in a small-town, especially out West. You should consult the Amazon or AT&T websites for coverage maps.

Are you set on e-ink? You might want to investigate the NOOKcolor. Otherwise, I think the Kindle 3 with 3G will meet your needs best. The browser is decent and allows you to download books directly from websites like Feedbooks and Project Gutenberg. I like that the browser has an article mode that makes it much easier to isolate the text of the article from all the graphics, comments and advertising on a webpage. It should meet your basic needs as long as your expectations are set appropriately.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote