View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 04:16 PM   #27
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger View Post
I know quite a bit, but the person I'm asking for is a beginner and knows nothing. That is why I was looking for a solution which did not require HTML or CSS knowledge.

I'm now having a look at Jutoh, which might be easier and can generate output for Kindlegen. Is there somewhere in the forum where the product is discussed, as this is not the right place. Apart from one thread when it first started it seems mysteriously absent?
My humble apologies for continuing the off-topic off-forum discussion, but I suggest you also investigate Atlantis word processor (see large thread here).

In brief, it is a word processor that can input MSWord doc files and exports both epub and (in the most recent version) kindle files (produced automatically via kindlegen from the epub). It is reasonably priced at (IIRC) around $40, and there is a time-limited trial version. Runs on Windows, so I don't use it myself, but it has a good reputation last I heard.

YMMV

Albert
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote