View Single Post
Old 05-11-2019, 06:11 AM   #58
DeKuns
Connoisseur
DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibear View Post
Thank you @Flipflargin and @DeKuns for your pushes on this issue. Have exact same issue after reset last month. Hope to see this resolved!
It might be nice if each of us files the issue to Amazon CS. I hope they will hear.

I rooted my Kindle DXG to find out what is exactly the file(s) it searches for at
"/var/local/java/prefs/acsr"

Quote:
root@kindle certs]# cd /var/local/java/prefs
[root@kindle prefs]# ls
DevicePasswordData.pw com.amazon.ebook.booklet.home
browser com.amazon.ebook.booklet.reader
certs com.amazon.ebook.framework
[root@kindle prefs]# cd certs
[root@kindle certs]# ls
[root@kindle certs]#
It seemed that my factory reset Kindle does not has "acsr" directory. So I search on "certs" to find out what is inside it. It returned that the directory is empty. What are files that should be there? Anyone with fully registered Kindle whatever series know what is inside certs?

I will try to "unzip" the Kindle service update file to take a look at what is inside it. Probably it contained the certificate that we need.

Last edited by DeKuns; 05-11-2019 at 06:58 AM.
DeKuns is offline   Reply With Quote