View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 07:39 AM   #56
DeKuns
Connoisseur
DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipflargin View Post
This is exactly what I see in my DXG log file, FileNotFoundException when attempting to register. Looks like a web service call to their server passing in all the relevant goodies to get back a necessary certificate file? From the exception message, it doesn't appear to find/return the file. Maybe there's a missing file on Kindle-side due to the factory reset, I don't know.

On a brighter note, I just talked with Kindle support folks for my ticket and it's still in "open" status. He stated that there was not just one developer working the issue as several developers had attached technical messages/notes to the ticket. This seems to indicate that there is at least a technical discussion of the problem going on. It will be interesting to see what they come up with.
As mentioned before, their options are likely "fix" or "drop support". I hope they go "fix".
I also file the issue along with the debug file to Amazon CS. The "fix" decision would be very nice! Finger cross!

BTW, I open a thread in Kindle developer forum hoping that someone with a working registered Kindle DX 3G would dare enough to test register and deregister. Their debug file might enable us to locate where the downloaded file is stored. If we can decode that file and build a patch from it, then we might able to buy books from Kindle store and browse Wikipedia again.

Another error message that make me wonder is:
Quote:
cvm[5645]: W ContentDRM:Unable to access account secrets file:action=read,file=/var/local/java/prefs/acsr:
What is account secrets file? Is "/var/local/java/prefs/acsr" the place where the certificate that supposed come from amazon server should be saved?

Last edited by DeKuns; 05-10-2019 at 04:59 AM.
DeKuns is offline   Reply With Quote