View Single Post
Old 11-08-2018, 07:19 PM   #4
downeaster59
Guru
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, Likebook Mars, Kindle Oasis 2, Nook Glowlight 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by muniek66 View Post
Therefore Onyx Boox Nova may have the same problem with battery life...
I see that you have a Nook - which is also an Android-based E-Ink device, by the way!

I don't know about the Nova, as it hasn't reached buyers just yet, but I do have a Likebook Mars. Battery life is reduced when WiFi is on. I always turn WiFi off when I want to just read. At the rate that the battery discharges while I read, I would get at least twenty hours of battery life if I just read with WiFi off.

Also, be aware that when companies like Kindle and Kobo talk about weeks or months of battery life, they always base that on a half hour per day, WiFi off, four or five days a week. When you look at it that way, the differences in battery life between Android E-Ink devices and others aren't quite so much.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote