Thread: File formats
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2015, 07:35 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha o View Post
How do you get Calibre to show the file format of a book, converted or not?

I save HTML as PDF and convert to epub, and BOTH formats will be listed on the right, but in the main listing with the columns neither format is mentioned.

PDF always wants a cover and I don't. There is no cover page on a recipe. Once I get the conversion to epub, I can simply delete the cover.

I need to make sure that the document/book I'm transferring is in epub. I don't trust it if no file format is listed in the columns.
1) PDF as a convert Middle ground just plain sucks
Good HTML will make a fine EPUB without the negatives introduced by PDF

All Formats show in details pane and Info popup
Calibre does not have any indicator on which format you started with although hovering over the format in the Metadata edit will give a timestamp

I made a custom column (text of preset values) to MANUALLY record the input format> you can make one (tag type) for other if you must have a visible column.

Send to device will offer to convert an existing format (preferences: Behavior sets the priority) if a format compatible to the device (you can also configure the driver for priority) if it does not exist
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote