View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 06:50 AM   #2
Man Eating Duck
Addict
Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Kobo Aura, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldpilot View Post
Since I use h1, h2, and h3 heads when writing the title page, Sigil recognizes the title, sub-title, and author & publisher as chapters in the book. What is the best way to head this off? Shall I define h4, h5, and h6 to serve that purpose, or will that just result in having the title TOC'd as a very minor entry?
You'll probably receive different answers to this one. The easiest is removing the entries from the toc by deselecting them in the popup that appears after generating it in Sigil.

I would however advise you to avoid header tags for things you don't want to appear in the TOC. Headers have structural meanings which go beyond "making the font larger", for instance I believe they are also used by screen readers to partition content.

In the books I produce I usually want the title-page to appear in the TOC, so I leave the book title as a differently styled h1 tag, and make classes for the other title page paragraphs which I then style.

Last edited by Man Eating Duck; 09-25-2012 at 07:07 AM.
Man Eating Duck is offline   Reply With Quote