View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 05:45 PM   #104
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops0000 View Post
Hey, i just put gmplayer on my kindle, and i'm having a problem. I can run it from winscp jsut fine, but in xterm, on the kindle, i cannot find the | symbol to run the command... is there an alternate keyboard or a better terminal emulator or a way to run it ithout that key?
also, is there a way to quit gmplayer while it is playing without a pc command?
Thanks
You can kill gmplay with ctrl-c character from the ssh windows that launched it. From a launcher menu that runs it in the backgroud, you can kill it with "killall -9 gmplay" from ssh (or you could add that to a launcher menu).

The xterm program does not have a vertical bar (pipe) character? Really? That sucks because it is used a lot in shells and program source code... I think you can change the keyboard layout to include that character if it is missing. Or you could try a different terminal program such as JoppyTerm.

Last edited by geekmaster; 07-09-2012 at 05:48 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote