View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 12:38 PM   #35
Andrew H.
Grand Master of Flowers
Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3 (aka Keyboard), iPhone, iPad 3 (not for reading)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopyFrood View Post

I think JK Rowling is a writer of moderate quality, she certainly isn't awful, but IMO she isn't superlative, hence "mediocre." I'm not a "hater" but then again I'm not a "fanboy."
Kind of a strawman argument, though. I don't think anyone on this thread has claimed that she is the best author ever, so I don't particularly see why you felt the need to plant your flag of mediocrity in the thread.

In any event, your opinion that she is a mediocre writers is no more valid than someone's opinion that she is the best writer ever. It's like arguing whether chocolate ice cream is better than vanilla.
Andrew H. is offline   Reply With Quote