View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 10:18 AM   #4
Bernd_B
Bernd_B plays well with othersBernd_B plays well with othersBernd_B plays well with othersBernd_B plays well with othersBernd_B plays well with othersBernd_B plays well with othersBernd_B plays well with othersBernd_B plays well with othersBernd_B plays well with othersBernd_B plays well with othersBernd_B plays well with others

Device: J-PRS-650
Hi,

thank you for the answer. It looks so that not so much experiences with the japanease version exists.
My next idea is to exchange the complete firmware. My first step was now to read out the original firmware with the "ebook_msc.exe" and option "fulldmp". This works great except the Block16. I copied this block with the "get" option manually. This block looks like the user acesseble internal space.
The next step is to find out if the blocksize is the same in japanease and international version. To check this I need somebody who reads out an international PRS650. Who can do this ?

I attached the blocksize of J-PRS650 for compare.

http://img97.imageshack.us/i/prs650files.png

If both version has the same blocksize it must me possible to convert a J-PRS650 to PRS650. Or not ? How is the risk to brick the device ?

Does anyone know what kind of data the different Blocks contains ?

Best regards,
Bernd

Last edited by Bernd_B; 09-01-2011 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Attachment didn`t work
Bernd_B is offline   Reply With Quote