View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014, 06:44 AM   #6
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by verydeepwater View Post
I wonder if anyone can help with this anomaly on embedded fonts. I have embedded a number of fonts including Baskerville into an ebook. All the fonts appear fine on the epub version and also with the mobi version on a kindle fire. But on an e-ink kindle the Baskerville font appears as strange hieroglyphics. The other embedded fonts appear as they should. When I to turn off publishers fonts on the the e-ink device, all the text appears normally in the default font - indicating the problems with Baskerville.

For some reason the Baskerville font is not working on the e-ink devices. the font I am using is a free version of Baskerville from Google Fonts. I would be grateful if anyone could advise as to what might be happening and offer a possible solution.
May I ask, which e-ink Kindle, precisely? Kindle, Kindle2, early K3 or DX, or do you mean the Paperwhite?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote