View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 10:00 AM   #81
JNT
Connoisseur
JNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic something

Device: KT / K4NT / T62D / T68
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
People learned how to use 3G for tethering and gave out the knowledge. Now the Kindle 3G is limited because of this. It is one thing to mod a Kindle for your own use. It's another to mod a Kindle where it costs Amazon money.
Could not agree more and people blatantly mis-using a service (3G) in a way that costs Amazon money, should take responibility for their actions. Just like shop-lifters and all other criminals. Having the information is not the same as using the information.

But to say that not looking at the special offers on the SO Kindles is costing Amazon money is a bit of a stretch for me.

I also think that people who never ever want to look at or use the special offers should just buy the ones without special offers, but I still want the ability to look at and use the special offers, so I don't want them disabled permanently by Amazon. I would appreciate the ability to toggle them on when I want to and toggle them off when I am travelling or in a country where they cannot be used.

It is quite sad that Amazon tries to lock down all development, good and bad. Why not just put the effort to stop the stuff they really believe is hurting them. Or do they really view all development as bad?
JNT is offline   Reply With Quote